Last Updated: June 15, 2023.
Please click here for a printable PDF version of this notice.
Notice at Collection
We may collect or process various categories of personal information. The sections directly below titled “Categories of personal information we collect,” “How we use your personal information,” and “Disclosure practices” contains information on the categories of personal information collected and/or whether we sell or share the personal information. The sections titled “Information we collect automatically” and “Information we collect from other sources” contains information about third parties that control the collection of personal information on our behalf.
If you have a request regarding your information and would like to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us through the methods provided in the “Contact details and submitting a rights request” section below. To exercise your right to ask that we do not sell, share, or use your personal information for targeted advertising or to limit the use of your sensitive personal information, please see the “Contact details and submitting rights requests” section below. We also recognize the Global Privacy Control opt-out preference signal in a frictionless manner. The Global Privacy Control is available here. The Global Privacy Control applies to devices, so additional devices may need to have the Global Privacy Control activated.
1. Categories of personal information we collect
We may collect or receive personal information for a number of purposes connected with our business operations which may include the following:
1.1 Information you provide to us
You may share your personal information with us to receive information, updates, or special offers from Agepha Pharma and its business partners. You may also contact us regarding our products or services, or someone may request products or services from us on your behalf (such as a medical provider). Some parts of our website may also offer interactive content, such as patient education and support, which may require your personal information.
- Identifiers: This may include contact information such as your first name and last name, email address, and social media usernames or handles.
- Content of Communications: When you contact us, we may collect the contents of your emails or text messages, or recordings of the phone calls.
- Health Information: We may collect information relating to your physical, mental, or emotion health when you contact us requesting information about product usage or to discuss symptoms you have experienced after taking our products. When you visit our Sites to review product information, we may make inferences about your health information based on your browsing activity.
1.2 Information we collect automatically
We and partners working on our behalf may use log files, cookies, or other digital tracking technologies to collect the following information from the device you use to interact with our Sites. The following categories of data are collected:
- Internet or Electronic Network Activity Information: Including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with our Sites, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data: We may collect coarse geolocation information, such as your IP address.
1.3 Information we collect from other sources
We may collect the following information from other sources.
- Identifiers and Advertising Information: We may collect information about your interaction with advertisements on our Sites or social media platforms, or ads that we place on third party websites, from online advertising companies.
2. How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to respond to any requests that you make or communications that you send us. We may also use your information to better understand your preferences and to improve our Sites and products. Your personal information may also be used to contact you with information, updates, or special offers from Agepha or our business partners. We may also use personal information to prepare for and conduct research, monitor the safety and efficacy or our Sites and products, to comply with legal obligations, regulatory requirements, and our own policies and procedures.
Where we collect your health information, which may be considered sensitive personal information under certain jurisdictions’ laws, we may use that information to provide you with our products or services, to advise you or maintain our records in accordance with applicable law, or for marketing and advertising purposes. For example, if you request information regarding medication, we will send you marketing materials related to your requests. Depending upon your state of residence, you have rights related to your sensitive personal information. Please visit Section 10, “Privacy Disclosures for Specific Jurisdictions” below for more information.
3. Disclosure practices
Agepha may disclose, sell, or share your personal information with other entities, such as its affiliates, our business partners, or third parties. We may also disclose, sell, or share your personal information with service providers, which are vendors we engage to perform specific business functions on our behalf, such as analytics, marketing, security, and professional services. We may also disclose personal information if we are required by law or by a court order, in response to a law enforcement agency, to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information, or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
Cross-border data transfer: We may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the United States regarding information may be different from the laws of your country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
4. Data Retention
We determine the retention period for each of the categories of personal information listed above based on: (1) the length of time we need to retain the information to achieve the business or commercial purpose for which it was obtained; (2) any legal or regulatory requirements applicable to such information; (3) internal operational needs; and (4) any need for the information based on any actual or anticipated investigation or litigation.
5. How we respond to Do Not Track signals & Global Privacy Control
Our website responds to and supports the Do Not Track (DNT) header request field. If you turn DNT on in your browser, those preferences are communicated to us in the HTTP request header, and we will not track your browsing behavior.
We recognize opt-out preference signals, such as the Global Privacy Control, as a request to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information in a frictionless manner. The Global Privacy Control is available here. The Global Privacy Control applies to web browsers or devices, so additional web browsers or devices may need to have the Global Privacy Control activated.
We are committed to the security of personal data. We use appropriate technical, physical, and administrative safeguards designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal data, such as to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
8. Third party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to third party websites, mobile applications, or services that may link to our websites or may be connected by links on our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend you read the privacy statements of those websites prior to making use of those websites.
9. Amendments to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to make amendments to this privacy statement. It is recommended that you consult this privacy statement regularly in order to be aware of any changes. For any changes that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of your personal information, we will actively inform you wherever possible or by placing a prominent notice on the Websites.
10. Privacy Disclosures for Specific Jurisdictions
Certain jurisdictions provide privacy rights to residents or other individuals by law, as outlined below.
The “Shine the Light” Law: California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. Please contact us to obtain this information.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”): The CCPA gives California residents the rights to receive certain information regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information about them, as well as rights to know/access, correct, delete, and limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information and opt out of the sale or sharing of personal information. You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights. To the extent that we collect personal information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our purposes for collection and disclosure practices are outlined in the preceding sections of this Policy.
Your rights regarding your personal information are described below.
- You have the right to know and right to access information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information. You also have the right to know if we have sold or disclosed your personal information. You may also request a copy of the personal information we have collected, and upon request, we will provide this information to you in electronic form.
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, subject to certain legal exceptions.
- You have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information to third parties.
- You have the right to correct your personal information if inaccurate.
- You have the right to limit the use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information if we use such information to infer characteristics about you.
- You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights, including where financial incentives are offered.
- You have the right to opt out of profiling using automated decision-making technology. You may have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on profiling, except under certain exceptions under local law.
Please contact us to exercise these rights.
10.2 Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia
Residents of the States of Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia may have the following rights:
- You have the right to opt out of the sale of personal information and use of your personal information for “targeted advertising,” as those terms are defined under applicable law.
- You have the right to opt out of “profiling” under certain circumstances, as defined under applicable law. (Residents of Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia only.)
- You have the right to confirm processing of and access to personal information under certain circumstances. You may also request a copy of the personal information we have collected, and upon request, we will provide this information to you in electronic form.
- You have the right to correct your personal information if inaccurate. (Residents of Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia only.)
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, subject to certain legal exceptions.
- You have the right to opt-in to the processing of your sensitive personal information. (Residents of Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia only) or to opt-out of the processing of your sensitive personal information (Residents of Utah). Note that when you provide sensitive personal information by phone, we use that information only for the purpose for which it was provided and that by providing this information, you are providing an opt-in for us to use it in that manner. For any sensitive information we may collect by inference based upon your visits to our website, you may contact us to exercise applicable rights.
Residents of these states can exercise their rights by contacting us.
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to third parties. Currently, we do not engage in such sales. If you are a Nevada resident and would like more information about our data sharing practices, please contact us.
11. Your options and rights regarding your information
Email unsubscribe: If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or wish to opt out of future email promotions from us, please contact us. Please note that all promotional email messages you receive from us will include an option to opt out of future email communications.
12. Children’s Personal Information
Our website is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. We therefore request that children under the age of 16 do not submit any personal data to us. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone younger than the age of 16, we will delete that information. Please contact us with any concerns.
13. Contact details and submitting a rights request
Phone number: (888) 824-3742 or 8888-AGEPHA
13.1 Submitting Requests
You may request to exercise your rights by making a request using the contact information above. If you are a resident of California, Virginia, Colorado, Connecticut, or Utah, you may, under certain circumstances, authorize another individual or a business, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
We must verify your identity before responding to your request. We verify your identity by asking you to provide personal identifiers that we can match against information we may have collected from you previously. We may need to follow up with you to request more information to verify identity. We will not use personal information we collect in connection with verifying or responding to your request for any purpose other than responding to your request.
Residents of Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia have the right to appeal a denial of their request by contacting us as described in the notice of denial.